"My opponent left a glass of whisky 'en prise' and I took it 'en passant". - Henry Blackburne | SINCE 2007

Monday, September 24, 2007

ROBERT GWAZE REPORT ON THE HERALD

By Augustine Hwata
Harare

Chess International master Robert Gwaze is now aiming to become Zimbabwe's first ever grandmaster following his sensational win at the African Individual Chess Championship in Namibia last week.

The 2007 All-Africa Games silver medallist is now just one major championship win away from being crowned a grandmaster. For now, the 25-year-old is an international master but he is focusing on earning the prestigious title of grandmaster when he takes part at the World Championships in Minsk, Belarus in November. "The win in Namibia gave me my second grandmasters norm and if I manage to get a third norm, then I became a full grandmaster. "At the moment I have 2 413 points and need to reach 2 500 on the next championship so that I qualify to be a grandmaster. READ MORE

No comments: